Wednesday 4 April 2012

Mini holiday...

Returning home after 4 days away is always hard, you have to unpack, wash, clean, get groceries, and of course up date your blog (that's the fun part), but it has been relaxing.


Steve was away for 4 days with starting a new job this week, so Summah, Austin (cat) and I packed up the car and headed out to my parents for a wee holiday...it was awesome! We've had heaps of fun being out of town and surrounded by fresh country air with beautiful views of the ocean, and rolling green hills... am I making you all jealous yet? 


What did we do? Summah  cut her second tooth...yay!! a little miss grizzly pants to start the week off, but after that tooth came up she was back to her usual happy self.  We helped Banny (aka.Gran) with her garden, pruning, cleaning up weeds, and then mowing lawns, and that's hard work because the lawn is HUGE! Then for the next 1 1/2 days I had sewing lessons on quilting, and Summah entertained herself with toys or sitting on my lap watching me sew, it was great and the best bit is the conversations one can have with her mother.  I can only trust and pray that Summah and I will have as a great a relationship as Mum and I have.  It really is a treat to be able to sit and sew with Mum and just chat about life.  I love these moments and will always treasure them, and I totally appreciate them so much more now I am an adult and mother to Summah.   



                                

(happy girl playing in her 1/2 finished quilt)



Life can throw you curve balls at any stage so I love to live in the now and appreciate the special moments every day brings, it's easy to get caught up in the stress of life and forget to stop to appreciate what is right under your nose sometimes. So it was nice to pause for a few days away from life in town and relax enjoying the company of my parents and not be rushed trying to get lots done. 


Hope you all have had a fun week too.
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...