Monday 16 April 2012

what to cook?


I love food...(surprised I'm not bigger)...I always have, even since a child according to my parents, and now days I love to cook/bake and create yummy meals (which can be time consuming)

Tonight when dinner prep came round I was faced with lamb spare ribs, only a few vegetables (carrot, pumpkin, kumara, & red onion).  As I'm trying to only do a grocery shop every 2 weeks so we are getting low on vegetables, I really didn't have much to work with.

The challenge begins...

WHAT TO COOK??!!! 

oh! and my sister gifted us with a HUGE!!! packet of Halloumi...yum!!! not just any halloumi either, but halloumi made from sheeps milk.  I lost my mind when she left it in our fridge after visiting recently.

INGREDIENTS:



This is what I came up with, a simple and tasty couscous roast vegetable salad, with fresh baby spinach and rocket from our wee garden (yay!! love home grown).  Then slices of halloumi, cooked in fry pan to heat and tossed through the salad. I added lemon zest and juice to the couscous too, and no dressing was needed.  The spare ribs had fresh rosemary finely chopped and sprinkled with sea salt, and cracked pepper then baked in oven at 200C for 20mins.  Serve and eat.



It was delicious if I do say so myself! 

(On a side note I'm thinking my blog is going to feature food lots, as I love to cook and create yummy dishes to eat, so if you are a foodie enjoy).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...