Monday 21 May 2012

Nana's bran muffins...

I love a good bran muffin and one day whilst waiting for my car to get a warrant of fitness (WOF) I stumbled upon this recipe, which is delicious and has become my favourite bran muffin recipe.  It is simple and no fail, they always turn out moist and filled with goodness.

Nana's Bran Muffins


what you will need:

25g butter, melted
1 Tbsp golden syrup
1 egg
1 cup milk
1-1 1/2 cups grated apple
1 cup self-raising flour
1 1/2 cup bran flakes
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda


Melt Butter & add golden syrup.
Mix egg & milk add to butter, golden syrup & apple.
Add everything to the sifted dry ingredients and mix till just combined.

Bake at 160 C for 12-15mins.

(you can add other fruit besides apple, and I add raisins because a bran muffin is not complete with out these.)

Happy baking ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...