Thursday 16 August 2012

me time...

Today I had some me time!
It was fantastic and I really enjoyed a bit of time out to think and regroup my own thoughts.
For me to have me time is usually to get outside enjoy some fresh air and burn some energy.
This is usually in the form of a run. 
I love to run and blow the cobwebs out, to make room for new ideas, new thoughts, and it's away to break up the daily routine. 

This morning after I dropped my daughter off at kindy I dashed home to put my running gears on, and out I went.
I had 35mins for a run, so I knew how far I could comfortably run in that time and I pushed myself further than that...it was great!
I'm one of those people who likes goals, when I accomplish a goal I need another and this is how I  plan my run.
I put a landmark in my mind that I can comfortably run to, then push myself further to strive for another goal. 
Doing this constantly reminds me that I'm running a spiritual race too.
It had been a long time since I had been able to get and do this so I absorbed every aspect of this time out today.  
Right down to noticing just how beautiful rain drops can look on a blade of grass in the morning sun.  Have you noticed how much they sparkle lately? simply gorgeous

So for me to have 'me time' is important as it keeps me grounded and helps to keep all aspects of life in perspective.  Even before becoming a mother I liked my 'me time', but I relish it, and appreciate it so much more now I am a mother.

It's important to take time out for yourself, what ever it is that you do for 'me time' make sure you do have that time for yourself and don't feel guilty.  

It's good for the mind, body and soul.



the final leg of my morning run.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...