Thursday 9 August 2012

to move or not to move...

Over the last month we have toyed with the idea of moving house.

WHY?

1. we wanted more section for our daughter
2. we have a backyard that largely consists of a swimming pool...not safe for a toddler
3. our house isn't insulation...like most NZ houses!
4. I wanted a salon at home
5. wanted a newer house...blah, blah,blah etc

But then there was this moment of realisation, when I stepped back and reflected on what I thought we wanted as a family,  we already had.
Our house is fine, our section is fine (needs a few changes), our house is warmer than what some have, I don't need a salon at home, home is home not work.  As for a newer house, then we'd lose the quirky 70's style that our current house has, and I love the quirks it holds.  Finally it is soooo incredibly private for a suburban house and quiet...which I love!!!
So all in all the last month has been spent searching deep with in to find out what is the right decision for our family, and I've learnt a lot.

May the moulding and learning continue as it is good to be reminded and brought back to reality from time to time.  It's easy to get caught up in thinking that you need more than what you have,
when in reality all you need and all I needed to do was appreciate what you have more.

Good lesson learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...